At the end of the course, the student Ophthalmic Assistants should be able;
- To accurately perform refractions with Retinoscopy, Lensometry, Keratometry, Visual Fields, Amslers, Topography, OCT, Fundus photos
- To review patients’ medical records, to record patient’s history to keep the optometrist informed about factors such as allergies and medical conditions that the patient has.
- To perform clinical procedures such as recording vision, applying eye dressage and testing eye muscles.
- To prepare patients by giving them all necessary information regarding medical procedures
- To perform diagnostic and vision tests on the patient using optical instruments
- To help the optometrist during difficult procedures in any ways needed, including administering eye medications and readying the optical equipments
- To schedule patients for their next follow up appointment
Those who are interested in expanding their knowledge and skills in the field of optometry can apply. The minimum qualifications shall be
- Having passed all three subjects at the Advance Level (A/L) examination in science stream and a “C” Pass for English language in Ordinary Level Examination
- Between age group of 19 – 30 year
- Male/ female
- Any other professional qualifications fulfill management’s expectations and accepted by the management.
- 1 year in 3 semesters