- To train optometrists to independently perform the tasks of routine clinical eye examination including refraction, to detect any pathological disorders of the eye and system.
- To train optometrists to independently prescribe all types of optical corrections including spectacles, contact lenses, low vision aids, vision therapy eye exercises.
- To be able to satisfy the needs of the ophthalmic industry as a whole.
The applicant must have successfully completed a Certificate Level Course for Ophthalmic Assistants
Any equivalent qualification similar to above qualification which is accepted and approved by the Management
- Possess a “ B” pass for English Language in G.C.E. Ordinary Level Examination in Sri Lanka
For foreign Students – should pass highest level of General Certificate of Education in their country and minimum of certificate level course having followed in the field of optometry from an institute accepted and approved by the management.
When the applicant does not fulfill the requirement “A”, for minimum qualification, he/she should have passed the G.C.E. Advance Level Examination in Science stream and possess 3 passes (old syllabus 4 passes) in a single attempt.
- When fulfilling the requirement “A”, ideally 3 yrs of working experience in the field of optometry after completion of the certificate level
- When fulfilling the requirement “B”, ideally 5 yrs of similar working experience in the field of optometry
- Foreign Nationals should apply through student visa and during the course period, they are not allowed to sign for tenure at any other company without prior approval of the Academy management.